Tuesday, March 4, 2014

What's in a name?

As you may have noticed from clicking on a link or just being really observant I have changed the name of this here little teeny tiny spot on an enormous map of web users. Yes I felt it was time to make the change, nothing very ground-breaking or anything like that. Just two different words on the same ol' blog.

So why the name Average&Avid?

I chose this name because...well like the last name...it describes me. While Aspiring was good and also described me I guess I wanted a title that didn't seem like a chase. That was not a great description of the point I'm trying to make however, I do still aspire. I aspire simply to be in God's will and use the time I have on this earth to share his grace with people. I have tried aspiring at many different things that were never meant to be (mostly in those ruddy teenage years where the world is your oyster.)

But I am what I am, I'm extremely average. Like... incurably average, I have never exceeded in anything in my life, I am the par...as par as you can be, I hit it right on the money. I play average guitar, my skateboarding skills are average, my entire academic career was average. I am where I am in life because of the astounding grace of God. I'm not an eye-catcher, my style is nowhere near chic or even quirky-cute, I have long straight as board blonde hair I couldn't even begin to know what to do with except sling it back in a pony-tail everyday. Honestly, I don't know if I'm overly good at anything! I'm average, a very average girl.

...I guess I landed among the stars? Thanks inspirational quote from every elementary school I've ever been in...

However, I am avid. I am avid about people. I love people, I love their stories, and I love relationships. I am avid about sharing the Truth that I have determined is just that...the truth. I can be shy sometimes but really I am avid about knowing people, and making them feel comfortable around me. Which comes in handy since a lot of time getting to know people is over coffee..and I am an avid coffee drinker. I am avid about Jesus and following him. I am avid about love. Love is good, it's always treated me well, I haven't always treated it well, but it has forgiven me time and again. 

So those are reasons and choices. Average & Avid. Oh and by the way..I'm not fishing for compliments here when I say I'm average, because really it's ok. Average ain't so bad, some people are meant to be extraordinary and those people are pretty cool. But being the hot average mess I am..people seem to like me so that's tops.

Do you like the new name? It just feels closer to home to me.

All to God

No comments:

Post a Comment